Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Family!!!

After four months I found a church and am committing to Living Word :) It was cool to see the strengths of each church and I'm glad I took the time to check out Wellspring, LWF and SF Bible. Was immensely blessed by each one and found them to be very welcoming.

Reasons why I chose LWF :)
Teaching: Pastor Eric is a gifted speaker and you can tell he's passionate about the Word. I feel convicted by his sermons and my desire to read and know the Word has grown under his teaching.

Balance: A lot of strengths and weaknesses go hand in hand so it's important for leadership to be keen on weaknesses so the church is balanced. For example, when Paul wrote letters to Corinth he rebuked and called out their sins. I like how at LWF the Word and obedience is stressed, but legalism and achievement-righteousness, which often comes with focusing on action, is also addressed.

Philosophy of ministry: I feel like I can fully stand behind Pastor Eric's vision. The church is very focused on relationships and the pastor really wants to know and invest in the sheep. I think pastoral visitation and seeking counsel from your shepherd is very important so I'm glad there is an emphasis for them to be available at LW.

People: the church is full of unique people. I think a lot of personalities could fit in here. I also think people have a heart for the lost. Not just people who would fit easily into a Christian lifestyle, but "worldly" people who need to hear the gospel. I feel like I have a heart for the non-cookie cutters :) so I'm thankful for the diversity.

Opportunities to serve: LWF is still growing so there are a lot of opportunities to serve. I'm thankful I was very well equipped at Evangel and I want to use that equipping and good teaching to really be expended and serve :)

I'm excited to go to church and invest in my brothers and sisters there. Thank you to everyone who prayed for me as I made my decision. :)

3 comments: