Saturday, April 17, 2010

No more red and khaki

That's right. I now see in color. Top 3 reasons Target is not for me:

1.) I've been missing out on a lot because I work random hours.
- I haven't been able to attend a lot of members meeting, home group and other fellowship activities. Weddings are coming up and I'd hate to miss out on those as well for a job I utterly despise.

2.) Long commute
- The 580 is going under construction which means an even longer commute than the one hour I already drive going one way. $350 a month for gas and toll when my rent is $425? No thank you.

3.) Not where I want to go in my career.

Yay for free time and job hunting! This year has been an anomaly in terms of meeting up with people. I used to do 5-6 people a week on a consistent basis, and people outside of those times as well. I think it's partially because a lot of my close friends moved away. But! Now that I have more time I'm excited to really engage in people's lives again. Very very happy about the decision. Who wants to play with me?

3 comments:

  1. #2? YOU KIDDING ME? THATS INSANITY

    I want to play with you!
    Thursday I'm spending the night!!

    Congratulations on a job well done Cassandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Junia: job well done! Stuck it through, but I'm happy you made this decision!

    Also I notice dyou changed your blog subtitle: "BUT THE ONLY THING WORTH LIVING FOR IS GOD.".... I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's rough.

    $350 a month for commute is ridiculous.
    Yeah and the random hours that would take away from fellowship opportunities would definitely do it for me.

    Glad you made a bold choice for the better.

    ReplyDelete