Monday, April 4, 2011

"I Will Wait For You"



Watch it. A friend sent this to me and it pretty much blew me away. She has all the things I really like about storytellers - vulnerable, laced with biblical thinking, and great word choice. I don't like talking about relationships because I fancy myself too confident and self-assured to struggle in this area. But alas, I'm probably human and not completely immune...

Yes, her poem resonates with companionship, with looking for someone who is worthy - who reflects Christ and His Word. But, more than that, her perspective should carry into all areas of our lives. It's a reminder to stop being a control freak, trying to take every aspect of our life into our own hands. I guess the news flash is trust God because He's in control, He's sovereign, He's good, and efficient. So don't compromise, don't cheapen God's standards because in the end it will not satisfy. Even people in relationships soon figure out we were not made to be content with anything but the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. wow love this cass. thanks. i love spoken verse. <3 junia

    ReplyDelete