Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12, 2010

A LOT going through my mind lately. Most of them are too personal to post on a blog and I hate being vague so I'll refrain. Instead, I'll give an update about what I've been up to :)

Fellowship - I've taken more initiative to meet with people. I was a manic in college. Five to six set meetings a week on top of other scheduled one-on-ones. But when I graduated and moved to Alameda I took a step back in this area. A lot of my close friends moved and the college people I knew were now a 20-30 minute drive away. I really am horrible at keeping in touch. My mom gives me a pout whenever I'm home, and I still don't call her that often. Plus, I'm good at complaining because "I'm always the initiator and if they want to keep in touch they should initiate." That's not what love looks like though. So tweeking that perception and taking initiative has been bueno. Fellowship is so good.

Hobbies - I want to learn how to crochet. I know a little about knitting but I never crocheted until I went down to LA a few weeks ago. A girl from Cornerstone was making headbands for a missions fundraiser. I asked her to teach me and an hour later I gave life to my first creation -



The ones Jess made were beautiful. Mine is too big and awkward as a necklace. But not bad for a first go. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with this though. It may end up in the trash :X (Other hobbies on the list: guitar, dancing, reading)

The hunt - Well it hasn't been much of a hunt because I haven't been motivated to apply. :( Looking into marketing and pr, but I really think I would like merchandising. Not 100% sure what I want to do. I just want to talk to a lot of people and honestly ask them "Hey, really, do you like your job?"

I'm taking suggestions. What do you think I should look for and go into?

No comments:

Post a Comment