Thursday, February 11, 2010

Exploring the city

I've been saying that I want to explore SF for a while now - take dance classes, go to jazz clubs, see shows, the whole nine. So today Caroline, Naamah and I went to a Chinese Jitterbug class off the Embarcadero. It was only $4 so what the heck.

Naamah thought we were going to a hip venue, perhaps clubbing in the city because the description said there was a dance party after the lesson. When we got there it was a good crowd - around 80 people. Then I noticed they were all 50 and speaking Cantonese. Secondly, this was the Embarcadero in Oakland, not in SF. My first hint should have been the "Chinese" before the Jitterbug (what the heck is Chinese Jitterbug?) Chinese Jitterbug means dancing with grandpas to Chinese music. Caroline said "this is the perfect place to meet people when we're single and in our 50's." Thanks, I'll remember that for the future.

On a side note, work has gotten better. Not because anything has changed but because I grumble less about it now. Perhaps I've just gotten used to it and the routine has settled in. But it's probably because I've been telling people to pray for me and they have. :) Starting to look for jobs in New York though. <3

2 comments:

  1. AHAHHAHAAHA i am shaking with laughter..

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEEHEHEH REREAD THIS AND SHAKING WITH LAUGHTER a-GAIN

    ReplyDelete